Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Am I Procrastinating? How to tell if You Are and How to Stop!



Introduction:

You found this post, because you are worried you might be procrastinating when it comes to completing your business activities.  Do you find yourself doing busy work like:  checking your email, playing with your smartphone, or constantly checking your Facebook newsfeed? How about constantly looking for new training instead of actually learning and applying from the training you have already purchased?  Don't worry you are not alone.  I have done all of the above.  In the rest of the post, I am going to give you some tips on how to stop procrastinating and get your business moving in the right direction?  Are you ready to get started?

Tip #1:  Make A To Do List:

What I do each night is make a to do list of tasks I want to get accomplished the next day.  As I complete a task during the task, I check it off of my list.  I like to use an online like google calendar or yahoo calendar to put all of my daily tasks in.

Tip #2:  Go Slow:

The worst thing you can do in your business is to try and do everything all at once.  Trying to do everything all at once can get you overwhelmed and make you emotionally stuck.  Take it one step and one task at a time.  

Tip #3:  Stop Trying To Be Perfect:

Don't try to have them everything perfect before you get it out to the public.  For instance, if you are making a free report, and are constantly making minor changes to it, STOP.  Make one or two drafts of your report, and get it out to the public.  You can always go back and make updates to it at a later time.  

Tip #4: Reward Yourself:

When you put in a good week of work, reward yourself.  I am not saying send yourself to the bahamas for getting that report down, but go out for a nice dinner. You will be surprised at how much work you will get done the next week after giving yourself a little pat on the back.

Tip #5: Be Accountable:

It is always easier to hold yourself accountable when you have a partner in crime so to speak.  You can make a challenge between the two of you.  An idea for a challenge is something like a 21 day blog challenge.  Winner gets a guest blog post on the losers blog.  

Tip #6: Do the Hard Work First:

A great way to avoid procrastination is to schedule all of your hard tasks early in the day.  This way you can get all of the hard work done early in the day, so you can concentrate on the smaller tasks.  

Tip #7: Remember Why You Started:

If you are feeling a moment of procrastination coming on, remind yourself why you started your business in the first place.  Maybe your reason is you have always wanted to own your own business, or financial freedom.  My reason for starting my business is so I could be home for my kids.  

Closing:

There you have it.  My tips on how to get out of procrastinating and finally being able to realize your dreams.  Have you tried any of these tips before?



To Your Success,





Steven Thompson









No comments:

Post a Comment