Saturday, January 3, 2015

Tips For Staying Healthy While Building Your Home Based Business



Introduction:

When I first started out building my home based business, I really struggled with staying healthy.  I was always cramped for time, and I found myself grabbing a lot of fast food.  Eating fast food every once in a while is not a bad thing, but doing it a lot is not good in my opinion.  In the rest of this post, I am going to give you some tips on how you can eat healthy while building your business! Are you ready?

Meal Prep is Crucial:

Every Saturday my wife and I talk about what meals we want to make for the upcoming week.  Then on Sunday, my wife makes all of our meals for the week and stores them in the fridge.  This way all we have to do is grab the meal out of the fridge, instead of taking on the task of figuring out what to eat, and then actually making it.  Huge time saver!!

Eat Clean Meals:

The meals you make should comprise a protein, vegetables, and either a healthy fat or carb. Acceptable proteins include chicken, turkey, salmon, and eggs. For vegetables, spinach, broccoli, kale, and carrots are great options. Healthy fat examples include avocados, almonds, and olive oil. Also  good carbs are brown rice and quinoa. If you're exercising more than four times a week, use carbs. If you aren't exercising a lot, stick with the healthy fats.

Portion Control:

Don't make yourself go crazy thinking about the number of times you should be eating in a day. When you force yourself to eat every x amount of hours,  you end up overeating, because you think you are being healthy. Instead, eat when you get hungry but focus on your portion size. Each meal should be the size of a fist to a fist and a half.  You can absolutely eat too much food, even if it is healthy food.

Exercise Is Important:

Some people forget to exercise, because they are too busy, and this can do more harm than good.  Set aside 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week to exercise.  I recommend using weights or  a kettle ball if you have access to them.   If you do not have access to either one of those, you can start with body weight exercises.  Push ups, sit ups, crunches, and burpees are all great exercises to start out with.  If you have ever done a burpee, you know exactly what I am talking about.

Short Breaks:

Taking a short 15 minute break after 60 minutes of work is a great way to have you mind unwind a bit.  It also gives your eyes a chance to stop staring at the computer screen for a bit.

Meditate:

Meditation is nothing more than sitting still or lying down for 5 minutes and observing your breathing, or noticing your thoughts.  Research has shown that if you meditate for just a few minutes per day, you tap into more creativity, energy, clarity, focus, happiness, and a whole list of other benefits.  Start out by meditating for just 30-60 seconds per day and you will be amazed at the results!

Get Your Sleep:

Last and certainly not least, you need to remember to get enough sleep each night.  I was definitely guilty of this myself, because I wanted to build my business at warp speed.  After about a week of not getting enough sleep.  I found myself not being able to think clearly, and it was hurting my focus. Shoot to get at least 7 hours of sleep each night if you can.  Your body needs time to recharge and allow you to focus better the next day.

Conclusion:

I realize this a lot to implement all of these suggestions all at once, so try adding one of these tips at a time and go from there.  I am curious to hear your thoughts, so please comment below.

To Your Success,

Steven Thompson

Connect on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/coachsteventhompson





No comments:

Post a Comment